Fall Vegetable Planting
Tune-in below! We have a chat with Jay Harper and discuss the notes he’s brought us from the nursery as we officially dip into the Fall season.
- Fall gardening tips from soil preparation to raised planter ideas including:
- hay bales
- horse troughs and
- square foot gardening
- Planting from seed, leaf, root and modified stem type of vegetables
- The advantage of frost cloth besides protection from frost
- Rule of thumb for watering
- The benefits of pollinators
Outdoor Living To-Do: #Vegetables4WinterConsumption #FallVegetablePlanting #FallVegetables
Jay Harper gets your garden ready for planting! Listing many root, modified stem, and leafy edibles you can put in the ground now. His soil preparation mix for a basic 100 square foot garden. Plus Ray Lopez of Scottsdale Weed Control has what it takes to control or eradicate weeds in gardens and lawns. We also cover proper installation of artificial turf!
Start tilling, preparing the soil and spacing out what you enjoy eating! Jay Harper discusses getting it in the ground from seed to plants. Need to save water by considering edible landscapes and xeriscapes instead of bermuda lawns. Two times per year for weed control. Tips on attracting pollinators to your landscapes and much more!