Fall Vegetable Planting
Tune-in below! We have a chat with Jay Harper and discuss the notes he’s brought us from the nursery as we officially dip into the Fall season.
- Fall gardening tips from soil preparation to raised planter ideas including:
- hay bales
- horse troughs and
- square foot gardening
- Planting from seed, leaf, root and modified stem type of vegetables
- The advantage of frost cloth besides protection from frost
- Rule of thumb for watering
- The benefits of pollinators
Outdoor Living To-Do: #Vegetables4WinterConsumption #FallVegetablePlanting
Start tilling, preparing the soil and spacing out what you enjoy eating! Jay Harper discusses getting it in the ground from seed to plants. Need to save water by considering edible landscapes and xeriscapes instead of bermuda lawns. Two times per year for weed control. Tips on attracting pollinators to your landscapes and much more!