Rosie’s favorite Valentine’s gift for his wife, Jennifer, is a ribeye steak dinner for two, prepared by the Cajun carpenter himself. Here the recipe:
- Start with a good, tender cut–New York strip or ribeye.
- Grill it on the Bar-B-Q until it’s rare, and the outside just starts to sear.
- In a cast-iron skillet, melt some butter with a little olive oil.
- Sautee diced onions and mushrooms.
- Drop the steak into the skillet on top of the onions and mushrooms, and finish cooking it to desired doneness.
- To finish, pour a little red wine over the top and simmer until the wine reduces to a thin gravy.
- Serve over black eyed peas or rice.
It’s Rosie-certified good!