You might think your home doesn’t have enough storage space. The real problem, though, could be that you’re not using your storage space efficiently.
Most standard closets are not designed for optimum use of space. So before you remodel or move, consider how you can get the most from your closets. Here are some tips.
- Get rid of anything you don’t need. Donate gently used items to charities so others can use the things you don’t.
- Look up for space. Install two rods, one over the other, to hang shorter items such as shirts and skirts. Install one rod in a smaller section of the closet to hang longer dresses and coats.
- Add shoe racks, drawers, tie and belt racks, and jewelry trays.
- Use a summer/winter storage system. Store out-of-season items elsewhere to free up space in your closet for items you will wear now.
- Don’t throw things on the floor. You’ll will end up with another cluttered mess in no time.