- You’ll need a nylon vent brush attached to a long, flexible rod. Look for one in any home store.
- To clean the vent, start outdoors where the vent exhausts to the outside of your house. Remove the flapper that covers the dryer vent on the outside.
- Next, unhook the vent line from your dryer.
- Snake the brush into the vent, and then push and pull it a few times to remove the lint.
- Reconnect the vent to the dryer.
- Replace the flapper onto the vent at the outside of the house.
- And if you find birds or other critters in your vent, consider investing in a durable, bird-proof flap for the outside of the vent.