- Don’t burn trash, smoke and ashes can be toxic
- Don’t use charcoal lighter of kerosene to light your fires, could flame up
- Use a spark screen while burning, and a grate to lay your wood on
- Be sure the damper is open before lighting your fire.
- Never leave small children in a room with a fire.
- Never leave your home while the fire is burning or go to bed.
- Make sure furniture or anything combustible is not to close to the fireplace, that includes Christmas trees
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms annually.
- Have a fire escape plan
For more information, contact Rebecca at Arizona Chimney Sweep, (602)439-3218!