We are always amazed at the topics that generate a significant response from our listeners; in this case ants!
Suggestions from listeners:
Complete compiled list of recommendations from the hosts, listeners and Rosie on the House exterminations partners.
- Small Apple slices (kills the queen ant due to digestive problems)
- Corn meal (may harm bird digestion, use with caution)
- Grits (safe for bird digestion)
- Cinnamon (deterrent only)
- Avon Skin So Soft in a spray bottle, diluted with water
Organic eradication products
- Diatomaceous Earth also commonly referred to as D.E.
Common over-the-counter ant poisons:
- Amdro (FDA approved formula and less toxic than table salt)
- Max Force (FDA approved formula)
Suggestions from The Formula Book: (NOT Recommended by Rosie on the House.)
- Kerosene (may harm soil for planting) mixed with Moth Crystals (more toxic than moth balls to kill certain bugs)
Reader’s Digest article with 13 common items for ant control.