Thank you for visiting Rosie On The House, the online home to Arizona's longest running weekend radio broadcast!


Bleach can kill mold, but it does something to the spores that can create another problem. It can cause them to multiply and grow.

It’s OK to use bleach on non-porous surfaces like glass, shower doors and tile. But if the spores are growing on a porous surface like wood, bleach can cause the spores to spread.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency cautions homeowners against using bleach to clean mold, and the makers of Clorox bleach say the cleaner is a good choice only to remove mold from non-porous surfaces.

If you see mold in your house, the best thing to do is to cut it out of the surface where it’s growing, or to remove the surface itself.

You also can clean moldy areas with dishwashing detergent or try to pull them up with a HEPA vacuum cleaner.

Find Rosie-Certified Contractors in your area today

All contractors are Rosie-Certified for the state of Arizona.

Others Articles from Ducts | Indoor Air Quality

Explore Other Categories

DYI Categories Filter
Display More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Event Promotion Request

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.