Caring for your plants
We’ve spent time, and money caring for our plants, so it’s natural we want to do everything we can to care for them.
General plant health care involves a range of practices aimed at maintaining the overall health and vitality of plants. These practices can include:
- Watering: Plants need water to survive, but too much or too little water can harm them. It’s important to water plants consistently, making sure the soil is moist but not waterlogged.
- Fertilizing: Plants need nutrients to grow, and fertilizing can help provide that. However, too much fertilizer can be harmful, so it’s important to follow instructions carefully and not over-fertilize.
- Pruning: Regular pruning can help plants maintain their shape and size, as well as promote healthy growth. It’s important to use sharp, clean tools and to avoid cutting too much at once.
- Pest control: Pests such as insects and fungi can harm plants, so it’s important to monitor for signs of infestation and take action if necessary. This may involve using natural or chemical methods to control pests.
- Sunlight: Plants need sunlight to grow, but too much or too little can harm them. It’s important to understand the light requirements of different plants and provide the appropriate amount of light.
- Soil health: The health of the soil can affect the health of plants, so it’s important to maintain good soil health by adding organic matter, avoiding compacted soil, and testing soil pH regularly.
By practicing good plant health care, you can help ensure that your plants are healthy and thriving.
- MCC Arboretum Map
- AMWUA: Plants For The Arizona Desert
- Arizona Blue Stake is now Arizona 811!
- Tree Campus Higher Education
- Trees Are Good
ROTH Homeowner Handbook To-Do | #PlantHealthCare
Agriscaping Expert Justin Rohner discusses the Tree Of The Month the Acacia. 5 varieties that grow well in the desert. A nice shade tree, non-invasive root system and unless you have a giraffe, pest free. Explains the concept of agriscaping, composting and just what is juglone?
Podcast Archive With Expanded Content and Resources
A packed group of guests discuss the Tree Of The Month the #PinkTrumpetTree (or as our panel calls it the Tabebuia). A tree you should consider for your landscape. Plus proper ways for caring for plants. Featuring John Eisenhower from SavATree, Horticulturist Arborist Steve Priebe, and Peter Conden, Director Landscape Horticulture and Sustainable Agriculture Programs at Mesa Community College.