The topic is all about deciduous fruit trees!
Getting Started with Urban Orcharding
- Farmer Greg’s favorite thing to grow and why
- What is Urban Orcharding
- Keeping your trees small
- Easy to manage
- Successive Ripening
- Planting Distances
- Creating the Perfectly Pruned Fruit Tree – Citrus Month
3 Ways to Kill your Fruit Trees or any tree for that matter
- Plant in a hot Micro Climate
- Block Walls
- Plant in Grass
- Water With Drip Irrigation
- The Solution to it all is my 6/6 Rule & Creating Healthy Soil
- What to plant in the hole
- 60/40 Planting Mix/Native Soil
- Worm Castings
What to grow and why
- The Deciduous fruits that do the best here
- Farmer Greg’s “no” list and why
3 Key Factors to Fruit Tree Growing Success
- Did you know that you can go into most nurseries and they will sell you a fruit tree that won’t make fruit?!
Here is what you need to know
- Plant low chill trees
- Plant on the correct Rootstocks
- Plant trees that ripen before July 10th
8/28/21 broadcast details:
Farmer Greg Peterson has the lowdown to ultimate fruit tree success:
- Digging the proper hole
- Dirt and planting mix proportions for the hole
- Chill hours
- and more!
We also cover the varieties that work in the low desert and the 3 things that can kill your fruit trees.
Outdoor Living Home Maintenance To-Do | #BackyardFruitTrees #ExtremeSummerFruitTreeCare
Farmer Greg has the tried and true methods to grow your own fruits and citrus. Areas to avoid planting those trees, digging the proper hole, the formula for creating healthy soil because dirt by itself won’t work. Explains his 6/6 rule to insulate the ground from heat and cold. Deep watering advice, fertilizing and more for great results.
Podcast Archive With Expanded Content and Resources
Planting and a little proper care of fruit and citrus trees can produce for years, even decades! Farmer Greg talks about the varieties of fruit trees that produce in the low desert. We also discuss the importance of chill hours and root stock. Beware! Before you plant, discover the 3 ways you can kill your trees. Digging the proper hole isn’t all you need to do, there is also a mix of planting ingredients for the hole. Learn Farmer Greg’s 6-6 rule for health and nutrition and watering tips from winter to summer to keep from overwatering.
Farmer Greg Peterson has the lowdown to ultimate fruit tree success. Digging the proper hole, dirt and planting mix proportions for the hole, mulch, fertilizing, watering, shade, root stocks, chill hours and more. The varieties that work in the low desert and the 3 things that can kill your fruit trees.
Sponsored By: The Urban Farm
The Urban Farm is Your Go-To Resource for Online Food-Growing Education. Through their courses, classes, and podcasts, they can help you gain the understanding, the confidence, and the inspiration to grow your own food. Urban Farm U also offers classes to help you better understand rainwater and greywater collection, including information on Arizona regulations and building your own systems.
- DIY FAQ: Water-Saving Ways To Grow Your Desert Garden
- DIY FAQ: How To Keep The Birds Out Of The Fruit Trees and Out Of The Garden?
- Blog: What You Need To Know As A First-Time Home Buyer In Arizona!
- Blog: Creating a Landscape to Last
- Blog: The Toughest Stuff to Grow in Arizona